Welcome to the FXU Activities Awards 2019
The FXU Awards are all about recognising the activities and achievements of ex- ceptional students from the University of Exeter Cornwall Campuses and Falmouth University.
The Activities Awards celebrates all of the wonderful achievements of our students in sports clubs, societies and volunteer projects.
The awards are our chance to show our appreciation of the pro-active and hardworking students who do so much outside of, or in addition to, their studies. These are the people who go the extra mile to shape the future for themselves, FXU and the Universities.
Do your group’s committee members create exciting opportunities for you? Do you know a sports person who has achieved success? Have you been inspired by someone who you feel goes the extra mile? Do you have a friend who has created inspirational volunteering projects in the community? We’re giving you the opportunity to nominate them for an award!
The awards list will show you the complete range of awards available.
The criteria for each award is extremely important – this is what the nominations will be judged and scored against. The nominations will be judged by external panels who do not know each group and student individually, so will be scoring the nominations on the information you provide - make sure it is thorough and really explains your reasons for nominating. Your nomination must demonstrate how your nominee meets the criteria and the easiest way is to provide examples of how each criteria requirement is met on the nomination form.
The nomination form should be completed online by 5pm Friday 15 March.
You can nominate more than one person or group for each award.
If you know an excellent person or group that deserves an award, please take the time to submit a nomination.
- Society Awards (Outstanding Committee Member, Society Event of the Year, Most Improved Society, Society of the Year)
- Fundraising Awards (Fundraising Activity of the Year, Most Significant Contribution to Fundraising, Adopt a Charity Award)
- Volunteering Awards (Most Outstanding SLVP Committee Member, SLVP of the Year, Community Volunteer of the Year)
- Sports Awards (Most Outstanding Sports Club Committee Member, Most Improved Sports Club, Sports Club of the Year, Outstanding Sporting Contribution)
- Activities Awards (Newcomer of the Year, Member of the Year, Sustainable Activity of the Year, Collaboration of the Year, FXU Activities Unsung Hero Award, Overall Contribution to FXU Activities)
Nominations for the FXU Activities Awards 2019 are open until 5pm on Friday 8 March.
The shortlisted nominees will be invited to the FXU Activities Awards on Wednesday 1 May.
The winners, chosen by an external panel of judges, will be announced and presented with their awards during the ceremony.
Download the full nomination pack.
Get your tickets for the Activities Awards from 9am Monday 8 April here. Subject to availability.