What is a Stannary Study Sesh?
It’s a social study session where University of Exeter students can get coursework and study advice from Peer-Assisted Learners (PALs) who are in their second and third year from a range of courses. This can include anything from planning an assignment to getting your head around statistics as well as course specific questions.
Who is it for?
All University of Exeter undergraduate students with courses based at the Penryn Campus.
When and where are the sessions?
Just drop in to a Stannary Study Session, in the Upper Stannary, on any of the following dates:
- Wednesday 6 February, 2-3pm
- Wednesday 20th February, 2-3pm
- Wednesday 6th March, 2-3pm
- Wednesday 20th March, 2-3pm
Why should I attend?
- The sessions fill a need for an Exeter peer-mentor scheme that crosses course and college boundaries
- You can meet students from other year groups who have been there before
- The sessions specifically help students who take modules outside of their discipline e.g. modularity, FCH
- You can aid development of skills outside of your discipline e.g. statistics and different forms of referencing
Volunteer to be a PAL now!
Calling all second and third year Exeter students! Are you a whiz at statistics? Have you got structuring an essay nailed? Is referencing your jam? Are you just a good egg who would like to help other students improve on their course? Then volunteer to be a PAL (Peer Assisted Learner) at a Stannary Study Sesh!
What’s in it for the PALs?
- You will receive training on mentoring and giving informal study support from the University of Exeter and ASK team.
- By logging your volunteering hours with Legends you can gain a certificate and hoodie.
- Develop those classic employability skills – confidence, communication and active listening.
- A warm fuzzy feeling for helping other students.
To volunteer please email email@example.com with the following details:
- Year of study
- Key skills that would make you a good PAL
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about Stannary Study Sessions, please email your President Exeter firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into the FXU office for a chat.