Following the recruitment of our Sports Committee and Green Committee, we're now looking for students to form our new Societies Committee.
The aim of the Societies Committee is to:
- Improve specialist support for societies at FXU.
- Address and explore matters with societies at FXU.
- To provide a platform to encourage more unity, participation and larger events for our societies.
- To advise the Societies Officer and President Student Experience on the best interests of the union, prior to the Activities Committee meetings and high level meetings with the universities.
- The Chair of the Committee is the , who sits on the FXU Leadership Team.
- The President Student Experience sits on the committee.
The members of the committee, to be elected by the student body, will fulfil the following roles:
- Falmouth Academic & Course-Related Society Officer
- Exeter Academic & Course-Related Society Officer
- Arts, Music & Performance Society Officer
- Hobby & Special Interest Society Officer
- Representative, Faith & Liberation Society Officer
- Media & Enterprise Society Officer
- Political & Campaigning Society Officer
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Improve links between societies within their category
- Act as a point of contact between those societies and the Students' Union
- Advise the Societies Officer and President Student Experience on the best interests of the societies they represent
- Guide societies on how to run successful events, meetings and socials
- Encourage groups to Adopt a Charity
- Work in a team with the rest of the committee
Nominations open Monday 26 November at 12 noon and close on Friday 30 November at 12 noon.
Voting will open on Monday 3 December at 12 noon and close on Friday 7 December at 12 noon.
Find out more about the roles and how to nominate yourself at www.fxu.org.uk/elections