Welcome to FXU Advice & Welfare
FXU Advice Service’s primary role is to deliver free, confidential, impartial advice and guidance to all University of Exeter Cornwall Campus students and Falmouth University students.
The FXU Advice Service can do this because we are independent of both universities.
Who may use the service?
- Full and part-time registered students (including intermitting/interrupting students).
- Prospective students: advice and information on student funding, facilities and services available at the University.
- Ex-students: students who have left either University may be assisted in certain circumstances on issues relating to their time at University.
What type of advice does the Service provide?
The advice encompasses a range of legal and University-related issues including:
- Money matters – e.g. grant/loan entitlement, bursaries, University hardship funds, emergency loans, budgeting, debt, welfare benefits
- University-related issues e.g. academic appeals, complaints, disciplinary issues, fitness to study, extenuating circumstances, intermitting, withdrawing
- Housing - rights and responsibilities
- Employment e.g. income tax, National Insurance
- Consumer rights
What we’re not
FXU’s Advice Service is staffed with trained expert advisers but does not run a counselling service.
Students requiring counselling or other emotional support should seek support from Student Services.