SU President Exeter
My name is Joe and I’m your President Exeter. My role is to represent the voices of the University of Exeter students at our Cornwall campuses in Penryn and Truro to the highest levels of the university. My focus is to use your feedback to ensure you have the best academic experience while you’re studying here.
I graduated with a BSc in Zoology in 2019 and have loved spending three years in Cornwall studying at Penryn campus. Studying here gives you so many opportunities, especially as we share our campus with Falmouth University. This is a unique collaboration so make the most of it!
Everyone in The Students' Union is here to provide you with the best experience they can while you are studying here. We use your feedback to make the changes you want to see whether this comes from the Rep Online System or chats with me. I will take your comments and work with the university on your concerns and make it clear what you want to see more of.
The year is set to be very exciting and super busy for all of us, please make the most of The Students' Union throughout the year and never hesitate to get in touch if you have any problems, come in to the office, message me on Facebook or drop me an email.
Roles and responsibilities
- Academic appeals
- Exeter Course Reps
- Widening Participation Access Agreement
- Academic representation
- Liaising with Exeter Guild
- Liaising with the University of Exeter Senate and Council
- Sustainability and The Climate Emergency - Work with both universities to make the climate emergency a priority and to put action plans into place to create a lasting, positive impact for our universities and the rest of the planet.
- Closing the feedback loop - Working with university lecturers, senior staff and The Students’ Union to communicate to all students where their feedback goes and what is being done to improve their course and all-round student experience.
- Increase Truro Campus representation - Meet with Truro representatives more frequently and provide the opportunity to be more involved with life on Penryn Campus.
- Offer more wellbeing support - Provide students with the tools to improve their own emotional wellbeing.
- Improve postgraduate representation - Work with The Students’ Union and the University of Exeter to better represent Masters and PhD students academically and in all other areas of their university life.
Don't forget, you're always welcome to visit the The Students' Union office for a chat and a cuppa.